I was so excited when I bought myself a pair of workout leggings with flowers on them a few months ago. I have been a basic black person from day one. Just looking at these workout pants made me smile.
Which is good because I have worn them…once!
Why? Because I have been letting my self-care fall down in my priorities. There have been changes at work and I am busy, darn it all! Other things seem more important, but I can tell you, they are not!
I can feel other areas of my life suffering because I have let my self-care take a back seat.
Warning Signs That Your Self-Care is Off Track
Here are some warning signs that your self-care has fallen down in your priority list.:
- You begin to regular miss your I-Never-Miss exercise class
- You find your screen time is WAY up
- You are going to bed later
- You are sleeping a lot more
- You not sure how but there seem to be quite a few Amazon boxes on your porch due to excess shopping
- You snap at your significant other, kids, colleagues and/or friends
- You are over-eating, over-drinking, over-thinking…
When something changes in your life often something your routine will be impacted.
Don’t let self-care be that thing.
If you have some changes going on take a look at your self-care. On a scale of 0 being “What? That bottle of wine isn’t self-care?” to 10 being “I put myself first because I love me!”
What can you do to get yourself closer to a 10?
What would being at a 10 look like in your daily routine?
What would being at a 10 feel like?
One great form of self-care is to have a career you love.
Click here to sign up for personal 1-on-1 coaching with Laurie and make this priority #1.