TITLE: SR. SOFTWARE ENGINEER – RUBY ON RAILS/JAVA/PYTHON
JOB ID: 9496
LOCATION: Chicago, IL
STATUS: Direct Hire (not a Contract) - possibility of remote work. Sponsorship not available.
About the Client:
Join a growing, award-winning professional services firm developing custom software products for both server-based and mobile applications across a variety of industries.
About the Sr. Software Engineer - Ruby on Rails/Java/Python Position:
Your role as Sr. Software Engineer, is to build front and back-end systems, work with clients on overall direction and guide the other developers to successful product development in our Agile environment. You can also expect to lead projects, work with clients to build strong relationships, develop applications and help architect functional and beautiful solutions.
About the Sr. Software Engineer - Ruby on Rails/Java/Python Responsibilities:
- Develop custom Web and Mobile Apps
- Manage and lead projects
- Build relationships with clients, and guide strategic decisions to make client successful
- Communicate professionally and empathetically, making sure everyone is aligned
- Solicit and provide feedback, actively offer help
- Work collaboratively on a cross-functional team of developers, designers, and business analysts
About the Sr. Software Engineer - Ruby on Rails/Java/Python Requirements
- 5+ years of overall full stack software development needed
- Must have Ruby on Rails, Java or Python on the back-end and CSS or React on the front-end
- Must be willing to learn Ruby on Rails
- Experience with Objective C and Swift for mobile app development highly desired
- Knowledge of AWS required
- Comfortable working in an Agile environment