TITLE: SOFTWARE ENGINEER
JOB ID: 9454
LOCATION: Chicago, IL
STATUS: Direct Hire (not a contract)
About the Client:
Like a start up with years of experience behind it. Join an Agile team building a software platform that is adding innovation to the insurance industry.
About the Position:
We are looking for a highly motivated, experienced, and creative Engineer to join our growing team of analytics experts. The hire will be responsible for designing, architecting, and supporting our Applied Machine Learning team.
About the Responsibilities:
- Building API’s following spec.
- Creative Problem Solving
- Distributed Systems and Software Architecture development for SaaS at scale.
- Handling data at scale.
- Developing reviews, version control, feature creation, creating readable code, understanding and improving overarching architecture and design decisions, and estimating requirements.
About the Requirements
- 3-8 years of Python development experience.
- Familiar with REST, Gitflow and GitOps
- Comfortable with “cloud services” and AWS.
- Familiarity with product-engineering concepts - Behavior driven development or BDD, Sprints / Agile / SCRUM / Standups / epic vs task / spike / punt / timebox / Kanban, LEAN vs Agile vs Waterfall vs SCRUM
- NoSQL, SQL experience