TITLE: ANDROID/KOTLIN SOFTWARE ENGINEER - CONTRACTOR
JOB ID: 10553
LOCATION: Downers Grove, IL
STATUS: Contract - Can live anywhere in the Continental US. Must be a US Citizen.
Lextech is a strategy first app design and development firm, with employees who are passionate about helping businesses succeed with mobile. Whether the focus is a company’s customers or employees, we aim to improve people’s lives by crafting delightful mobile experiences that improve business processes.
They love originality and energy, but there’s no room for mavericks or glory hogs. They value difference on their teams and respect your background, wherever you’re from and whether you’ve got a Ph.D., or your skills are all self-taught.
About the Android/Kotlin Software Engineer - Contractor Responsibilities:
- You crave hands-on mobile architecture, design and development work, and create the right mobile solutions to meet clients’ needs and deliver business value.
- You create awesome, intuitive, and impactful mobile products.
- You challenge the “way things have always been done” and facilitate finding solutions to complex business problems.
- You are comfortable challenging yourself every day and finding new ways to improve the product and experience for your clients.
- You bring your passion and energy for technology to enterprise client projects. You stay abreast of the latest tools and platform capabilities and leverage them as appropriate to architect and build cutting-edge mobile apps.
- You are on the forefront of technology and clients look to you to be their guide within the ever-changing digital landscape.
- You lead by example, guiding and mentoring the team and clients as needed to make sure projects get done as promised and deliver the expected outcomes.
About the Android/Kotlin Software Engineer - Contractor Requirements:
- 5+ years as an Android Developer using Kotlin, Java is a plus
- 3+ years working with external customer requirements
- Experience in multiple languages/platforms is strongly preferred
- Able to identify and evaluate key alternatives (e.g., architecture, technology, tool, integration, design), make credible recommendations with rationale, and can clearly explain/communicate these to both team members and clients
- Write clean and maintainable code
- Create scalable software systems