TITLE: Director of Information Technology
JOB ID: 9338
LOCATION: Chicago, IL
STATUS: Direct Hire (not a contract)
About the Client
Family-owned and operated, they consistently demonstrate a commitment to excellence as the leading producer within their industry. Known in the industry for providing solutions to the unsolvable, creating innovative and cost-effective products and putting the customer first.
This is done by creating a true team that works hard together. People who work here, stay here.
About the Opportunity
You will provide the vision and leadership for designing, developing and implementing IT initiatives. You will ensure that all IT applications and infrastructure are reliable, secure, cost efficient, and strategically sound, reflecting business needs and best practice.
About the Responsibilities
- Create and implement IT strategic plan
- Manage, motivate, and develop all staff within the IT group
- Ensure that the department is current with all technologies and innovations
- Develop and manage to budgets and timelines
- Interface with senior leadership to achieve buy-in regarding IT initiatives
- Work with leadership team to enable business
About the requirements
- 10+ years of IT Management experience within in a manufacturing or logistics environment required
- 15+ years of total IT experience supervision of IT team, business-wide strategic planning and budgetary responsibility.
- Verifiable track record of effective leadership which includes strong strategic thinking and successful execution with technical and intellectual resources.
- Understanding of and experience with the full Software Development Life Cycle.
- Experience in an IBM iSeries and Windows environments a plus
- Bachelors preferred