TITLE: SOFTWARE ENGINEER
JOB ID: 10659
LOCATION: Northern, CA
SALARY: $170k-$190k, possible relocation assistance
STATUS: Direct Hire (not a Contract)
About the Client:
A Global Manufacturing Leader in R & D investment, striving to develop and deliver innovative, high-quality and reliable solutions.
About the Software Engineer Position:
Looking for a Software Engineer that will contribute to a fast-paced environment and a dynamic business.
About the Software Engineer Responsibilities:
- Develop a robust and high-performance NOS and SDN controller in full software development life-cycle including designing, implementing, and testing.
- Document and demonstrate solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
- Actively involved in technical discussion/presentation and provide input to other members from hardware, optical module and system engineering teams.
- Engage and collaborate with third party and open source software projects and participate in relevant conferences (OFC, TIP, ONS, etc).
- Customer interaction including RFQ/RFP responses and pre/post sale customer support.
About the Software Engineer Requirements:
- 5+ years’ experience in C programming in embedded Linux network industry
- 2+ years’ experience in SDN related software development
- Knowledge of LAN/WAN hardware
- Experience with network device management; configuration, topology and performance management
- Solid experience in Software Engineering, including computer architecture, operating systems and object-oriented design methodology
- Proficiency with programming in one or more of the following: C, C++, Java, Python, and Bash Script
- Bachelors’ Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science is required