TITLE: VMWARE SYSTEMS ENGINEER - SENIOR
JOB ID: 10853
LOCATION: Chicago, IL – No Remote Work Available
SALARY: $90k base
STATUS: US Citizen or Green Card Holders Only
About the Client:
Join our client that is one of the leading service companies in their industry. They have experienced continued growth within the industry and continue the commitment of being an eco-friendly partner within all communities.
About the IT Systems Engineer Position:
You will be an active member in all technical workgroups to recommend effective system configurations, security and system architecture, budget items, and process or procedure changes.
About the IT Systems Engineer Responsibilities:
- Deploy software and maintain licenses, including Antivirus software tools
- Engineer, implement, and monitor security measures for the protection of computer systems, networks, and information.
- Identify, propose, and implement system requirements to be used as standards within IT.
- Perform ongoing Exchange, VMware, MSSQL administration work
- Provide insight into CAB with risk analysis for problems, incidents, and change requests
- Write comprehensive reports including any assessment findings, outcomes, and propositions for further system security enhancements
- Follow best practices on all network-level changes to maintain security and availability.
- Perform ongoing monitoring and alerting based upon system, or service, criticality
- Develop and implement plans for ongoing system and server maintenance.
- Configure and troubleshoot a wide array of infrastructure devices including cameras, weight scales, workstations, printers, and servers
- Mentor 1st and 2nd level Helpdesk team members, as applicable
About the IT Systems Engineer Requirements:
- Minimum 6 years of experience working in Information Technology as a Senior Admin or Engineer
- Advanced knowledge of inventory or asset management
- Expert understanding of VMware technologies – vSphere, vCenter, vRealize operations
- Expert in Microsoft technologies including Office 365, Active Directory/GPO, Office, Exchange, SQL, and Azure
- Strong understanding of networking technologies and topology/design (Palo Alto/Cisco/Sonicwall).
- Experience with Phone Systems (IP, SIP)
- Relevant Experience, or an associate degree or higher, in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field