TITLE: Systems Security Engineer
JOB ID: 10992
LOCATION: Evanston, IL - remote for now
STATUS: US Citizen
About the Client:
Join one of North America's leading Healthcare Delivery Systems that is a leader in implementing innovative technologies, combined with an established reputation for its advanced information technology and its strong clinical environment.
About the Systems Security Engineer Position:
You will interact with colleagues at all levels of the Infrastructure team and assist in providing hands-on technical security engineering support for software/hardware/server/network systems. Work is reviewed for soundness of technical judgment and for following policies and procedures. This position will apply system security and cyber security engineering principles to moderately complex engineering issues and provide realistic and implementable configuration management solutions designed to enhance the Company's security posture.
About the Systems Security Engineer Responsibilities:
- Conduct routine certification testing and maintain the security and integrity of cyber systems and networks.
- Monitor IT security systems into corporate and store computing environments including systems used for logging, monitoring, intrusion detection, centralized cyber security knowledge base, and behavioral analysis.
- Remediate issues occurring with any IT security systems including but not limited to unexplained system outages, cyber security incidents, issues with data collection feeds, or interfaces with external MSSP providers.
- Collaborate with IT teams to remediate any potential hardware or network issues that prevent detection capability.
- Collaborate with senior staff in planning, designing, developing, deploying, integrating, and maintaining cyber security tools.
- Provide support in more complex cyber investigations.
- Monitor new developments in the cyber security software/hardware marketplace, emerging technology trends, and the security risks associated with those technologies.
- Create, revise and maintain documentation of processes and procedures in the central knowledge base.
- Participate in after incident lessons learned meetings to give input on recommendations for additional tools or other mitigations for future incidents.
- Track service availability and performance metrics and provide timely updates to management.
About the Systems Security Engineer Requirements:
- Minimum of three (3) years of hands-on experience in non-complex IT engineering systems that include basic network, storage, back-up, platforms, middleware, application with
- One (1) year of experience monitoring cyber security tools and responding to threats
- Hands-on experience in one or more of the following:
- Endpoint Security
- Web/Email Filter
- Intrusion Prevention
- Vulnerability Scanning
- Penetration Testing
- Application Whitelisting
- Understanding of system security and cyber security engineering principles.
- Prior experience and the ability to participate in cyber incident responses.
- Requires self-motivated approach to work with keen attention to detail and accuracy.
- Bachelors' degree in Systems Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or another closely related discipline. Equivalent experience may be considered in lieu of a formal degree