TITLE: Senior IT Manager, Plant Manufacturing
JOB ID: 11002
LOCATION: Waukegan, IL
SALARY: 165k + bonus
About the Client:
Our client creates breakthrough products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutrition and branded generic pharmaceuticals.
About the Senior IT Manager, Plant Manufacturing Position:
The Senior Manager, Plant IT provides thought leadership and specialized insights around manufacturing IT. This includes Manufacturing Execution Systems, Electronic Batch Records, and Lab Systems of the manufacturing IT organization. They will manage IT projects across business units and be responsible for all aspects of people leadership for the team including setting expectations, coaching, counseling, developing, evaluating, feedback, hiring, discipline and separation.
About the Senior IT Manager, Plant Manufacturing Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the ensuring IT systems and infrastructure are delivered and maintained as necessary
- The team is the central point of contact for all IT matters at their respective sites and is accountable to site leadership and their user community.
- Maintain relationships with site and divisional leadership.
- Oversee a team of 14 people (technical resources) located at 7 manufacturing sites in the US.
- Participates in and/or leads Major Incident/crisis calls as necessary.
- Proactively works to consistently improve systems supportability, performance, availability, and reliability thru applying best practices such as root cause analyses, 5S, and other processes as necessary.
- Oversee IT business consultants and external technology experts. Builds and maintains strategic relationships with key software vendors as well as counterparts at other companies.
- Oversee and control area IT budgets, project capital/RCE expenditures and ROI.
- Manages IT projects across our business unit. Participates in business projects based on IT and business process expertise.
- Responsible for all aspects of people leadership for the team: setting expectations, coaching, counseling, developing, evaluating, feedback, hiring, discipline and separation.
About the Senior IT Manager, Plant Manufacturing Requirements:
- 12+ years of IT experience with a manufacturing environment for a global organization.
- Significant experience with Manufacturing Execution Systems, Electronic Batch Records, and Lab Systems.
- Strong experience in life sciences, including GxP system validation needed.
- An established history of managing teams.
- A proven ability to manage a budget, including Capital and Operating Expense.
- A deep understanding of manufacturing IT.
- Strong project management skills.
- Must be currently authorized to work in the United states without the need for visa sponsorship now or in the future.
- Familiarity with validation and 21 CFR Part 11 is highly preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science required.
Travel: 25%-30% US travel necessary.