TITLE: Senior Engineer – Security Applications
JOB ID: 10987
LOCATION: 100% remote
SALARY: $135-150K + bonus
STATUS: US Citizen
About the Client:
A leader in technology-enabled solutions for the Supply Chain Industry. Our client excels at helping their customers have real-time access and visibility to their data with comprehensive reporting for better decision making.
About the Senior Engineer – Security Applications Position:
The Senior Engineer – Security Applications will be responsible for IT security across all offices and associated companies. This individual will have a
broad IT knowledge across multiple technology disciplines, the security vulnerabilities associated with each technology area/discipline and best practices to detect and prevent threats to IT security.
About the Senior Engineer – Security Applications Responsibilities:
- Develop threat detection and prevention systems,
- Develop response plans and conduct vulnerability testing on an ongoing basis.
- Work with all IT SME’s to help enhance their products and systems so that IT security threat prevention is a consideration in all aspects of IT development and support.
- Implement security strategy for software development across our full application stack and all our product verticals
- Create metrics to demonstrate the effectiveness of our application security program and inform continuous program improvements
- Grow the team and shape the application security program
About the Senior Engineer – Security Applications Requirements:
- 3+ years of engineering management experience and 5+ years of experience in both security and a cloud-production environment
- Experience with at least one of the following languages and interest to dive into the remaining languages: Kotlin, Node and Python
- Experience with the Windows Server Environment is required
- Hands on experience in security systems, including firewalls, intrusion detection systems, anti-virus software, authentication systems, log management, content filtering, etc.
- Experience with network technologies and with system, security, and network monitoring tools
- Thorough understanding of the latest security principles, techniques, and protocols
- Well-versed in business risk analysis and making complex business/risk trade-off recommendations and decisions
- Familiar with GDPR General Data Protection Regulation - CCPA ( The California Consumer Privacy Act - PCI-DSS (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard), Node. js security, SOX Compliance
- Understanding of application security threats, attack techniques, and mitigation
- Engineer, implement and monitor security measures for the protection of computer systems, networks and information
- Identify and define system security requirements
- Design system security architecture and develop detailed security designs
- Prepare and document standard operating procedures and protocols
- Configure and troubleshoot security infrastructure devices
- Write comprehensive reports including assessment-based findings, outcomes and propositions for further system security enhancement
- Continually stays abreast of security trends, threats and prevention technologies and practices
- Familiarity with web related technologies (Web applications, Web Services, Service Oriented Architectures) and of network/web related protocols
- Exceptional time and project management skills.