TITLE: MECHANICAL DESIGN ENGINEER
JOB ID: 10720
LOCATION: Pleasant Prairie, WI
STATUS: US Citizen or Green Card Holders Only
About the Client:
Join a leading, fast-paced Manufacturer of equipment for the medical industry. Our client is seeking a highly motivated, business savvy individual to join their Engineering Department.
About the Mechanical Design Engineer Position:
Looking for a Mechanical Engineer that will be designing automation (assemblies and sub-assemblies), fixtures and prototypes, performing equipment debugging, and supporting applications.
About the Mechanical Design Engineer Responsibilities:
- Interface with customers to understand system requirements and resolve design issues encountered
- Document and maintain revisions to existing automated systems
- Work with team members to create integrated design between multiple stations and designers
- Design automation to OSHA and NFPA standards.
- Evaluate and troubleshoot automation when problems arise during commissioning and propose recommendations for resolving equipment issues
- Support applications by providing automation concepts and concept drawings in preparation of estimates and quotes
- Stay current in new developments within industries served
- Observe all safety rules, applicable regulations, and relevant ISO standards
About the Mechanical Design Engineer Requirements:
- 5 years’ experience in Mechanical Design Engineering
- Strong and demonstrated mechanical design aptitude and skilled in 2D and 3D CAD (AutoCAD and SolidWorks)
- SolidWorks PDM experience preferred
- Strong preference for prior automation design experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or comparable knowledge/experience required