TITLE: Lead Corporate Learning/Instructional Design Consultant
JOB ID: 11008
LOCATION: 100% remote
SALARY: $100K - $120K
About the Client:
Join a seven-year-old learning and instructional design consultancy who helps their Fortune 1000 global clients by developing learning programs to address their mission-critical performance needs.
They help clients empower people to know more, do more and create positive change.
About the Lead Corporate Learning/Instructional Design Consultant Position:
The Lead Learning Specialist will assess client training needs and oversee the development of innovative e-learning, instructor-led training, mentoring and coaching programs, explainer videos, and related.
About the Lead Corporate Learning/Instructional Design Consultant Responsibilities:
- Meet with clients, learn about their training needs and audience, then recommend appropriate learning interventions.
- Explain our process to clients and their role in ensuring a project’s success.
- Brief other team members on the client’s needs, operating context, and the project scope.
- Contribute to projects as a writer.
- Review the work of other team members to ensure it reflects our quality standards and guidelines.
- Provide general direction to the graphic design / animation team on issues related to the substance of the client’s content, client brand guidelines, and project scope.
- Liaise between client and our team as needed to manage expectations, answer questions, and clarify scope.
- Ensure projects are delivered on time, within budget, to contractual specifications.
- Escalate cases where projects are in danger of going beyond contractual scope.
- Evaluate and report on the performance of individual contributors, provide coaching and escalate persistent performance issues that might require more intensive intervention.
About the Lead Corporate Learning/Instructional Design Consultant Requirements:
- 7+ years of overall experience with instructional design, curriculum development and instructor-led training for Fortune 1000 customers
- 3+ years working with external clients doing discovery, evaluating current learning and development assets and making recommendations
- Project Management expertise required
- Ability to guide more junior writers on projects
- Familiarity with Articulate 360, SCORM and PowerPoint highly desired
- Experience with multimedia production would be a definite plus.
- Self-starter, confident and comfortable working in an entrepreneurial environment