TITLE: Lead SQL DBA, #11081
JOB ID: 11081
LOCATION: 100% Remote, US Citizen, US-Based
SALARY: 140K to 150K plus 10% bonus
STATUS: Full-time, Direct hire
About the Client:
A leader in technology-enabled solutions for the Supply Chain Industry. Our client excels at helping their customers have real-time access and visibility to their data with comprehensive reporting for better decision making.
About the Lead SQL DBA Position:
As the Lead SQL DBA, you will lead and contribute to major efforts in designing and building database environments that power critical applications, and the management of large-scale database systems while contributing to the strategic architectural vision of quality, availability, scalability, performance, security, and functionality.
You will use your strong planning and organizational skills to guide and mentor others and projects. You will communicate across the enterprise using your excellent verbal and written communication skills. You will be able to present clean, organized, and thorough information and data appropriate for the intended audience. This is a 24/7 Support on-call rotation environment.
About the Lead SQL DBA Responsibilities:
- Take ownership, lead, and contribute to complex projects encompassing data integrations, data transformation, Data Lakes, data pipelines, system design, and system builds for on-prem and off-prem environments.
- Research, evaluate and build Atomicity, Consistency, Isolation, Durability (ACID) database solutions.
- Manage database systems that include installations, implementations, upgrades, patching, monitoring, capacity planning, security, audit, data lifecycle, and optimization of Echo’s Enterprise data technologies.
- Work with the development teams in the data modeling and database design of products and coding efficient and optimal performance queries.
- Automate, simplify, implement, and continuously improve the database environments and processes.
- Implement, periodically test, review, and proactively monitor the health of database services to enable continued operations.
- Work directly with customers to support and solve complex challenges and build strong business relationships.
- Create, review, and maintain appropriate documentation (Database, Architecture, Conceptual diagrams, Data flow and Component diagrams, etc.
- Proactively involved in the technical leadership team, product strategy and roadmaps.
- Hands-on contributor that teaches by example, and mentors others on best practices and technical acumen.
About the Lead SQL DBA Requirements:
- 10+ years with Microsoft SQL Servers leveraging:
- T-SQL, SSIS, SSRS, database design, configurations and builds, logical and physical data modeling, stored procedures, security, backup/recovery, and data integrity skills.
- SQL internals, Clustering, Always-On, Partitioning, In-Memory, and SAN technologies
- Experience with .Net, Cloud technologies specific to AWS AuroraRedshift, S3, API Gateway
- Expert performance troubleshooting, tuning and resolution knowledge including root cause analysis (RCA).
- Good understanding of IAMSecurity, VPC, peering in a context of building near real-time data-driven applications.
- Prefer experience with serverlesslambdas, Cloud, DynamoDB, Aurora, Redshift, RDS, Python, Powershell, SQL Internals, logical and physical data modeling, database design…
- Proficient in implementing and supporting High-Availability and Disaster Recovery solutions
- Proficient with PowerShell, or Python
- Solid understanding of Active Directory, network segmentation, VMWare, and event stream processing (Kafka, RabbitMQ, Kinesis).
- Proven record with Automation and simplification of data management tasks
- Experience with Visual Studio development and CD/CI solutions for database projects