TITLE: IT Senior Project Manager-O365
JOB ID: 11033
LOCATION: Lake Forest, IL
SALARY: $145-$155K + bonus
About the Client:
Our Client creates breakthrough products - in diagnostics, medical devices, nutrition, and branded generic pharmaceuticals.
About the IT Senior Project Manager Position:
The IT Sr Project Manager position leads project planning and execution teams, using both Waterfall and Agile methodologies, to deliver complex cloud-based solutions using Microsoft O365 and related technologies. This role is focused on Application Project Management and Delivery. These projects are focused on, but are not limited to, the implementation and enhancement of the O365 platform (SharePoint, PowerApps), including key feature areas .NET and Software-as-a-Service applications. These solutions enable enterprise collaboration and business efficiencies that are critical to the long-term growth objectives of the company.
About the IT Senior Project Manager Responsibilities:
- Plan, execute, and manage all aspects of project management at the department or division level, including initiation, planning, execution, control, and closure.
- Works with business and IT management to establish and gain consensus on project goals, objectives, and deliverables.
- Develops and executes a work plan obtaining authorized resources to ensure all activities are performed. Gather lessons learned and obtain final project approval from sponsors and stakeholders.
- Create and manage project scope, budget, resource planning, and management reporting & metrics
- Expedite, manage, and coordinate a multitude of interrelated IT project activities within the constraints of human and financial resources and changing priorities to ensure the successful completion of projects.
- Able to build strong cross-functional partnerships with Commercial business stakeholders, IT Business Relationship Managers, Internal IT resources, and External integration partners and contractors.
- Assess the degree to which changes to scope, issues, and risks will affect projects working with the department, divisional management, and sponsor to gain agreement for resolution
- Measure performance to assure the project is progressing as compared to the original plan and budget
- Communicate project progress by producing project reports to provide timely and accurate project status and decision support information to Project Team, Department, and Division management
- Coordinate resources to ensure project needs are addressed and effectively assign tasks and deliverables to team members based upon their abilities.
- Directly or indirectly supervises and motivates cross-functional project teams of business analysts, developers, and validation analysts, including internal and third-party resources.
About the IT Senior Project Manager Requirements:
- 7-10 years IT experience working within a large/complex IT organization
- 5+ yrs. experience leading/managing projects in a complex, matrixed organization
- Mastery of all phases of software development life cycle and related methodologies
- 3+ years experience with Collaboration (SharePoint, .NET, SaaS) or Web Portal implementations, including business requirements definition, user stories, detailed functional and system design, configuration, and/or customization supporting the following functions: Sales, Service, Marketing, Inventory/Asset Management, and Quality.
- Project leadership using Waterfall, SCRUM, and Agile methodologies needed
- Bachelor’s degree in business, Computer Science, or related discipline
- PMP is a plus