TITLE: IT Infrastructure Manager
JOB ID: 11048
LOCATION: Kenosha, WI (remote one day per week)
About the Client:
Our Client is a 50-year-old manufacturer and developer of highly-engineered products for commercial markets.
About the IT Infrastructure Manager Position:
Reporting to the IT Director, this role will be responsible for ensuring that the IT infrastructure continues to meet the evolving needs of the organization. The IT Infrastructure Manager will expertly manage key areas such as cybersecurity, infrastructure, and helpdesk. The IT Infrastructure Manager will provide leadership to systems teams across multiple sites and demonstrate strong people management skills.
About the IT Infrastructure Manager Responsibilities:
- Provide leadership on infrastructure design, advanced networking, systems administration, cybersecurity best practices, and end-user support.
- Leverage remote systems and tools to ensure IT solutions are functioning properly.
- Plan, prioritize, and deliver solutions while managing expectations
- Lead IT Infrastructure projects and initiatives
- Liaise with business units across the organization on IT-related projects
- Evaluate new technologies and recommend technology standards and policies in alignment with organizational objectives
- Provide advice and guidance to management regarding IT strategy, infrastructure roadmap, and best practices
- Participate in and support the organization during cybersecurity and compliance audits
- Report regularly on system metrics, status, issues, and risks
- Maintain a robust, secure, enterprise-grade infrastructure including (but not limited
- to) backup and disaster recovery strategy, security framework, incident reporting,
- standard operating procedures, and other documentation
- Perform hands-on systems administration, network administration, and end-user
- support tasks, as needed
- Support users as an escalation point for complex or sensitive helpdesk issues
- Collaborate with management and team on all key decisions
- Perform other duties as assigned
About the IT Infrastructure Manager Requirements:
- 5+ years of management experience and ten years professional level experience in systems, network, and security administration.
- Microsoft certification, security certification, and/or project management certification would be an asset.
- Previous experience within manufacturing environment needed
- Proven experience managing and administering enterprise-grade infrastructure in a predominantly Microsoft, Citrix, and DELL environment.
- Knowledgeable with Core Business applications in particular Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), Customer Relationship Management (CRM), and CAD engineering solutions.
- Solid understanding of backup and recovery solutions using the 3-2-1 method – Preferably with Veeam.
- Strong technical skills in Microsoft Office 365, Azure, Exchange, Active Directory, Group Policy, PowerShell, Citrix, VPN, RDS.
- Solid understanding of all the various capabilities and configuration options across most, if not all, Microsoft Administration Centers.
- Advanced knowledge and experience securing highly available networking, server, and storage environments.
- Proven infrastructure planning and design experience, including network design and documentation.
- Solid experience in unified threat management, advanced WLAN, corporate data networks, virtualization, and cloud migrations.
- Strong commitment to customer service, continuous improvement, ongoing professional development, and the growth and development of the IT team.
- Able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing, including conveying technical information to non-technical staff.
- Able to research, analyze and troubleshoot issues logically and effectively within tight timeframes and multiple and/or conflicting priorities.
- Able to resolve a wide range of network, desktop, and user issues.
- Demonstrated leadership, technical, and people management experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, or information security, or equivalent knowledge and experience.