TITLE: Infrastructure TechOps
JOB ID: 10989
LOCATION: 100% remote
SALARY: $120-140K + bonus
STATUS: US Citizen
About the Client:
A leader in technology-enabled solutions for the Supply Chain Industry. Our client excels at helping their customers have real-time access and visibility to their data with comprehensive reporting for better decision making.
About the Infrastructure TechOps Position:
You will work closely with Infrastructure teams to ensure smooth delivery and maintenance of developed applications into production. This role will assist and guide the Operations teams to learn and adopt continuous delivery practices and efficient use of tools to accomplish their goals. As technical problems arise, you will collaborate with Operations team to find solutions. Additionally, this role will work with the Operations Engineers to refine and improve the tools that and procedures used to improve operational excellence across all of IT.
About the Infrastructure TechOps Responsibilities:
- Design, maintain and improve speed and frequency for service delivery as it relates to infrastructure across production, QA, and development environments throughout the development lifecycle.
- Supports middleware software including RabbitMQ, Kafka, ElasticSearch and Consul.io
- Patch management.
- Work with the SRE to create script and deploy for system automation.
- Consult with software engineers, data team, architects, DevOps, infrastructure, and security to create a better, more dependable production ecosystem.
- Assist in improving development operations.
- Shape the future of IT by defining the tools and best practices that our teams will adopt.
- Troubleshoot problems and help with maintenance tasks that we have not automated yet.
About the Infrastructure TechOps Requirements:
- 3+ years of experience building, deploying, and orchestrating technologies (such as SCCM, Terraform, Kubernetes, Chef, Ansible, Jenkins, Azure DevOps, Artifactory)
- Support middleware software (RabbitMQ, Kafka, Elasticsearch)
- VMware, Linux and Windows administrator experience required.
- Experienced with scripting languages such as PowerShell, Ruby, Python, Bash, or similar
- Experience with dynatrace, datadog, splunk and/or new relic necessary
- Basic knowledge of IP networking, VPN's, DNS, load balancing, firewalls, etc.
- Open source middleware services (such as RabbitMQ, Kafka, Elastic Search, Consul.io) preferred.
- Understanding of object-oriented programming techniques (with .NET, Java, Ruby, or a similar language) throughout the software development lifecycle; including unit testing, debugging, compilation, integration, and deployment preferred.
- Bachelor's level degree needed