TITLE: INCIDENT MANAGER-NETWORK ENGINEERING
JOB ID: 10925
LOCATION: Western Suburbs – Remote Work
STATUS: US Citizen or Green Card Holders Only
About the Client:
Our client was established to better serve retailers and merchandisers by offering specialized solutions for manufacturing, distribution, service and trading businesses.
About the Incident Manager Position:
For our client you will be responsible for the restoration of high impact business services disruption and ensure related operations are in accordance with IT Governance, established procedures and best/top practices. You will be handling the lifecycle of problems through the organizational process for Problem Management, from Root Cause Analysis (RCA) through Closure, by Elimination or Mitigation of incident recurrence. The role of the IT incident manager is to also minimize IT disruptions and restore services immediately.
About the Incident Manager Responsibilities:
- Manage, monitor and where possible ensure Problems and Major Incidents are permanently fixed
- Manage core switch replacements, firewall, IOS upgrades and configuration management to remediate IT Governance cited vulnerabilities
- Ensure information regarding changes is communicated to the customers
- Issue Service Advisory notification of any downtime as a consequence of a change
- Facilitate and manage any and all changes, including ensuring that any requests for changes made by the customer are sufficiently detailed
- Review monthly scan data and coordinate remediation with engineers including creation of Change Management for specific device changes which may include firewall IOS upgrades
- Provide Director with monthly/yearly metrics for incidents, change tasks and service tasks
- Will be point of contact for incident events and coordinated troubleshooting along with assistance for Network Engineering managed resources
About the Incident Manager Requirements:
- 3+ years’ experience in managing Incident and Changes using ServiceNow.
- ServiceNow, SolarWinds, MS Word and Excel experience is required
- Must have strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task various initiatives and activities
- Must be able to communicate complex concepts, problems, and solutions clearly and effectively
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience