TITLE: C/C++ REAL TIME SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER
JOB ID: 10896
LOCATION: Chicago, IL - MUST live local to Chicago
STATUS: US Citizen or Green Card Holders Only, Hybrid On-Site 2-3 days a week.
About the Client:
Join our client that is connecting the world and transforming the satellite landscape. They are defining new products that will bring the internet to every device, every flight and everywhere you are. Their worldwide inflight Wi-Fi services have made internet and video entertainment a regular part of flying.
About the C/C++ Real Time Senior Software Engineer Position:
As part of a small multi-disciplinary engineering team, you will have full responsibility for product development from requirements refining to shipping in an Agile environment.
About the C/C++ Real Time Senior Software Engineer Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with Product owner and Software Development to create a development environment for clients to build and integrate software on
- Demonstrate a proactive attitude towards identifying and resolving new development, sustaining engineering, and/or system integration issues
- Play an integral role in developing Embedded Software for hardware Line Replaceable Units (LRUs) and ensuring these units meet internal industry standards
- Be a leader of system integration efforts ensuring hardware and software compatibility across different Subsystems
About the C/C++ Real Time Senior Software Engineer Requirements:
- 4 years of experience as a C/C++ Embedded Systems Programming in a Linux environment
- Additional expertise in a Java, Python, Go and other software languages and operating systems
- Interest in Micro-Processor based hardware design
- Agile software development and/or Git, Jira experience is a needed
- A good understanding of various Virtualization and Containerization (Docker) technology is must
- Knowledgeable in TCP/IP protocol stack on various Linux distributions desired
- Bachelor’s degree in a Computer Science or Computer Engineering is needed