TITLE: C/C++ Linux Embedded Software Engineer
JOB ID: 11074
LOCATION: Hybrid-onsite 2-3 days per week near Chicago Train stations
SALARY: $130,000-140,000 + bonus
STATUS: US Citizen
About the Client:
Join a diverse and mission-minded group of professionals all working together in extraordinary harmony bringing innovative technology and applications to their industry.
About the C/C++ Linux Embedded Software Engineer Role:
You will play an integral role in developing Embedded Software for new hardware products and ensuring these units meeting internal industry standards.
You will be responsible for full-process development on a variety of different projects involving multiple coding and scripting languages like Java C, C++, Python, etc.
About the C/C++ Linux Embedded Software Engineer Position:
As part of a small (1-6 person) multi-disciplinary engineering team you and the other software engineer(s) will have full responsibility for product development from requirements refining to shipping.
Be a leader of system integration efforts ensuring hardware and software compatibility across different Subsystems.
Collaborate with Product owner and Software Development to create a development environment for Customers to build and integrate software on.
Demonstrate a proactive attitude towards identifying and resolving new development sustaining engineering and/or system integration issues.
About the C/C++ Linux Embedded Software Engineer Requirements
- 4+ years of experience in real-time embedded software design and be proficient in Linux C/C++
- Additional experience with Python, Go and other software languages and operating systems needed
- A good understanding of various Virtualization and Containerization (Docker) technology is a must
- Knowledgeable in TCP/IP protocol stack on various Linux distributions
- Have a deep knowledge of Network technologies
- You must possess knowledge in (or an interest in) microprocessor-based hardware design.
- Exhibit understanding Packet Processing engine on Linux stack
- Agile software development and/or git/Jira experience is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in a Computer Science Computer Engineering necessary
No travel required.