TITLE: DataStage Senior ETL Developer #11085
JOB ID: 11085
LOCATION: Gurnee, IL
SALARY: $110,000-$118,000 + 7% bonus
STATUS: Full-time, Direct hire
Hybrid role with 10% travel
About the Client:
Our client creates breakthrough products - in diagnostics, medical devices, nutrition, and branded generic pharmaceuticals.
About the Senior ETL Developer Position:
The Senior ETL Developer will advise clients on the development and support of ETL processes ideally using DataStage. Interface and create strong relationships with clients and internal team members.
About the Senior ETL Developer Responsibilities:
- Responsible to lead and participate in the estimation, design and development of data warehousing components, database designs and primarily ETL processes.
- Collaborate with business stakeholders and implementation partners to develop Information management solutions using a variety of databases, SQL and DataStage/Informatica PowerCenter.
- Implement architecture engagement models and be an ambassador for partnership with delivery and external vendors.
- Influence Roadmap to modernize legacy platforms to support advanced analytics and data science needs.
- Mentor junior technical engineers
- Communicate complex technical concepts to non-technical business and executive leaders.
- Work closely with SMEs and functional experts in Commercial, R&D, finance, sales, etc. for building data pipelines from structured and unstructured data sources.
About the Senior ETL Developer Requirements:
- 8+ years’ experience of ETL implementations in a highly technical and analytical environment.
- Experience working on ETL teams in large-scale analytics data platform projects utilizing any of the ETL Tools - DataStage (preferred) or Informatica.
- Have a solid understanding of Software Life Cycle (SLC) methodologies and deliverables including the Business Impact Assessment, Disaster Recovery Plan and Change Request.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required